Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pat on the back, sorta


Tonight I was treated to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. This is one of my favorite restaurants BUT it's book of a menu and family-sized portions do not make it easy to be "good."
I had a little talk with myself and settled upon the Thai Lettuce Wraps. There was some last minute inner-dilemma about how amazing a pasta dish would be but I powered past that thought and stuck with what I assessed to be one of the most Paleo-friendly options. Requesting that the vermicelli noodles be omitted and ignoring the bean sprouts helped the cause as well. The sauces violate a few rules: one is peanut based and another definitely contains soy.
At the end of the meal I suggested we skip dessert. My dinner partner said let's just look at the menu. Now when somebody else is picking up the bill and offers me cheesecake to go, well, the demons come out! So I got the Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake *I know* Indulging in two bites later this evening proved to be sinnnnfully delicious. Seriously, best cheesecake ever. No regrets

Now what to do with the rest of the slice? Anyone hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment