Ok, I have less than an hour to get prettified for my sweet husband who is about to whisk me off for an evening of romance. BUT I just HAVE to share this with you:
PALEO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
I realize this is already out there 100 fold in the blogosphere but for whatever reason I didn't know about it so maybe you don't either. If you're dealing with some serious cravings for an indulgent dessert and you're trying to be a goo dlil cave person and not even dip in to dairy then this is it.
Take the thick mass of coconut awesomeness from a can of full fat coconut milk (like Thai Kitchen).
Sprinkle in a bit of quality cocoa.
Drizzle a teensy dab of honey and mix it up.
DEVOUR & REPEAT
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
|Look at all those fatty's!|
Well I don't, but I did. There was an ice cream incident today that I'm not ready to go in to. Happierly (heck yes, made a new word) I also concocted a super indulgent yet nutritionally acceptable dinner for the sweet hubs.
|Flattened balls of fire|
Monday, February 11, 2013
Perspective, attitude, optimism. We hear these buzz words over and over. Often we are told that life is how we approach it, not what happens to us. I guess that's true though sometimes it is just damn hard to push through the muck.
Here's what made my day great:
- I came in to work to find I was going to spend the day with some awesome colleagues
- Every customer that came in who I managed to connect with was noted as a victory in my mind. I may have been the only one cheering myself on but damn was I proud of myself.
- A ridiiiiculously cute puppy came in to the shop and I allowed myself a few minutes to cuddle with him, no apologies
- All those trips to the bank gave me a chance to breathe some (relatively) fresh air and stretch my legs
- Extra work meant I earned enough to buy myself a special treat at the market
- Missing out on the free move screening meant I got to go home to my husband sooner
Friday, February 8, 2013
|early morning flake fest|
Blustery winter days seem to entreat a hearty meal. I wholeheartedly offer Mark's Beef Burgundy as an absolutely delicious recipe to try out. it's incredibly rich with delicious chunks of beef in a salty think sauce. It cooks slowly over the course of a few hours, asking only to be tended to a few times throughout the day. Being that many of us are seeking respite from biting winds anyway, what's a few trips in to the kitchen? This is a great one to practice, master and incorporate into your rotation of winter warm-ups.