Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Even our salad is in love!
Oh, hey look, I have a blog! How is everyone's 2012 going? Mine is a whirlwind! Exciting news: in March Jeffrey proposed!!! Our wedding is in mid-September so we're halfway through the engagement period. It has been a very interesting experience: emotional roller coaster, surreal and STRESSFUL.

It's silly that the most joyous day of one's life would drive a girl so absolutely bonkers. I've allowed subconscious anxiety to creep up on me and it has effected my sleep patterns, diet and daily activities. Panic attacks, clammy hands, racing heart beat and stomach aches: ridiculousness.  I finally decided that I have to be brave within and push through. I've always been open about periodic anxiety, but I consistently succumb to the physical reactions. This time I'm taking a cue from my great aunt who is living with leukemia: the woman never complains. I am hoping that by asserting my inner strength I can override the scary things that happen when my self panics.   In the past week since adopting this mentality it has really helped. I'm not mean to myself, but I remind my consciousness that life is beautiful, I am well and the day will go on beautifully.   This won't work for everyone, but it's always best when you can take control of a manifested situation.

I've been much more strict with my diet lately, avoiding excess sugar as much as possible hoping that the healthier my body is the less I can let myself worry about. Do you have issues with anxiety and/or panic disorders? Do you feel that a Primal or Paleo diet has impacted those reactions? 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I'm also getting married at some point in the next year. Maybe this is just semantics (maybe not?) but it has dawned on me that thinking of your wedding day as "the most joyous day of [your] life" not only puts huge pressure on you, but also paints rather a dreary picture of the rest of your life, i.e. it's all downhill from there. Sure, you might not mean it logically/literally, but if you say, hear or think something often enough, it starts to put on the mantle of truth.

    Let your consciousness breathe a little easier by looking forward to an outstanding, wonderful and joyous day. Even if it is the best (and on what scale should we measure these things?) you probably wouldn't want to know that, if you accept my premise above.

    Good luck and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I couldn't agree more! Though you may learn that once you enter the weird phase of engaged-dom sanity takes a twist. It could be because I'm Southern, but meeting social expectations and being THE MOST wonderful of brides suddenly becomes a priority despite all reasoning :)

    ReplyDelete