Thursday, April 21, 2011

Smoothie RX

As warm weather roles in my tastebuds have instinctually begged for more refreshing delights. This is where the delicious smoothie enters. Now, I know that (1) we should not drink our calories and that (2) whey is not Paleo. I also know that occasionally, when I'm (1) home from an intense WOD and (2) rushing to work with little time to cook and clean up a full breakfast that this balanced smoothie is just the ticket. It is an infrequent indulgence that satisfies my cravings and deliveries some pretty good nutritional elements. This is my favorite drinkable creation so far. It literally tastes like a raspberry truffle!



Ingredients

1 cup unsweetened Almond milk

1 cup frozen organic raspberries

2 T. melted coconut oil

2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder*


Toss items in your blender and liquify. It's so good. I hope you'll enjoy this treat on a hot, busy day.






*I use 100% Whey. It has a great flavor, is fairly crap-free (as these products go) and mixes like a dream. Plus, you can find the 6lb. bag at Costco for $30

2 comments:

  1. If you use "100% Whey Protein Isolate" you can be assured you are getting only whey. All the "famous" brands, according to the ingredients lists I've read, are only whey proteins, no casein, with a few items for flavor thart are way down on the list. I use "NOW" brand. I have used "Energyfirst" since it is from grass-fed cattle but it's expensive. However, if the whey is indeed low-temp micro-filtered, etc., as they all claim, I see no reason to use the high dollar grass-fed stuff since X-Protein is X-Protein no matter its origin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info, thank you for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete