Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ready, set, COOK

Just came home from a final pre-Paleo meal: mushroom, brie and goat cheese stuffed chicken breast with mashed potatoes and roasted zucchini plus a slice of garlicky ciabata bread and key lime pie for dessert. Yessir we celebrated in style. Now on to business! I'm in the kitchen simmering "Primal BBQ sauce" which I yanked from The Son of Grok: www.sonofgrok.com

1 6oz. can organic tomato paste
1.5 cups low sodium beef stock
3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
2 Tbl. organic dijon mustard
2 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbl. chili powder
1Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt

Dice veggies and combine everything in a sauce pan. Bring to a low temp then cover and simmer for 30ish minutes.

I had to make two modifications since I didn't bother to double check my spices before starting on this first foray: my garlic was in a less than ideal state so instead of chopping up 3 cloves I sliced several cloves in half and will pull them out after it is done simmering. Also, I may be using all cumin or a 1/2 chili powder and 1/2 cumin mix. I didn't label the spice bag from the co-op so I'm not sure exactly what just went into the pot. No matter, the kitchen already smells divine! Can't wait to try this on some chicken for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment