Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A little bit of everything

Came home late tonight hungry and directionless. What followed was the frying of some (3 strips) bacon along w a leftover chicken breast I'd baked up on Monday night. After that I was satisfied enough to play.
First up was a shortcut version of a yummy "fried rice" recipe. I pulverized cauliflower then sauteed it in the bacon fat along w a bit of garlic powder and cayenne. Pretty tasty stuff, similar to my Aunt's yummy Southern cabbage but with a very fun consistency. Can't wait to polish it off tomorrow.
After that I tried my first ever Paleo smoothie: 2 cups of organic spinach, one very ripe banana and 1/2 cup coconut milk in the blender...AWESOME! Could not believe how great it tasted and was a perfect use of the miscellaneous items I had been ignoring in my fridge.
Looking forward to chowing down on these items tomorrow~*

No comments:

Post a Comment