Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super(bowl) Sunday



It's been a great weekend! CFVB had a Paleo Potluck and blew my mind. It was so amazing to attend a party, eat lots of food and know it's all approved. The almond stuffed, bacon wrapped dates and baked salmon w/ Dijon mustard and pistachios were my standout favs. Those and a pepperoni, prosciutto, marinated artichokes & mushrooms bake *delish*

I made a roasted pepper and walnut dip with baby carrots and cucumbers for scooping. It's SO easy to make and pretty good if you ask me. I nabbed the recipe online where there are many variations of it. This one was the simplest and I added my own small improvisation:

2 cups shelled walnuts
1/2 heaping tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1 jar (12 oz.) TJ's fire roasted yellow & red peppers –> drained
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice

In a food processor, blend walnuts, cumin, and salt until walnuts are finely ground. Add peppers, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.


Tonight I baked up a second batch of Paleo Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the good people at Health-Bent. I replaced the almond butter with hazelnut butter. Zowie that stuff is good! The brand I purchased had some added sugar *fail* so there was no need for any added sweetener. When these babies are hot out of the oven and you've got a cold glass of almond milk there is no reason to ever crave a "normal" cookie again. Thanks Health-Bent!!!

http://www.health-bent.com/treats/paleo-chocolate-chunk-cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment