Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Home Repairs


Back! It was a nice, exhausting weekend. The mission of staying Paleo was accomplished. There were a few moments where I thought "normally I'd get this, or that" and "it would be nice to try _____" but really no big sacrifices were felt. I've changed how I value food, it is what it is and I'm happier this way. I ate well and focused on taking in the experience of being with the people around me <---isn't that what really matters anyway?

I don't know if it was because I was travelng and not cooking for myself, the strung out exhaustion from everything I've been up to lately, or maybe yesterday evening's WOD. All I know is that by last night I felt like a dizzy, somewhat nauseous pile-o-crap. I layed down in a darkened room for a few minutes at 8pm last night only to wake up this morning just in time for the 5:3oam class at CFVB! Normally I can't manage to sleep over 7 hours but this was, apparently, much needed. It also helped to induce an unintentional intermittent fast which I carried through for 18 hours before casually breaking with some Paleo Krunch: Cranberry Recipe and a hard boiled egg.

Now I feel quite full and a little icky again. Wonder what's up with that? Guess I should have listened to my body and staved off a bit longer. I love IF. (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting/) I feel great when I do it, accomplished and in control. I am noticing a difference on the scale. I've pulled off about 5 IF's, 13-18 hours each. I'm down to about 165 lbs. Oh my goodness, 165! I can't believe I've made it this far. Just 15 more to go and I'll have accomplished what I dreamed of, but never really believed I could do.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Congrats on maintaining a primal diet while on vacation. I haven't tried IF yet but I will soon I believe.

    Also, congrats on the weight goal! Keep up the good work and you'll definitely get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trey! I had a mild lunch of eggs, chicken and avocado that day: patched me up great! Thanks for the congrats on being a good girl while abroad too. We were at a party last night and dined on fruit and the deli meats from out of the sandwiches - no cake. Looks like this Paleo lifestyle is finally on autopilot.

    Let me know when you give IF a spin :D

    ReplyDelete