Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Party-time Primal Polenta

This weekend I hosted a birthday party to honor the aging of, well, myself. Also to surreptitiously force my friends to eat Paleo and Primal food. IT WORKED! I think everyone was well-fed and goodness knows we had a great time. So WELCOME to all of my lovely party-goers, the mystery behind you're favorite dish will soon be disclosed. Over the next week or so I'll be sharing the recipes for what was served. We'll kick it off with my guy's super awesome Cauliflower Polenta. Jeffrey makes this for me habitually at our weekly dinners. I really wasn't kidding when I say this is how he nabbed my heart. Well, that and being an incredible person



Schmallipower aka Primal Polenta
by Jeffrey Easter (straight outta Compton)


1 head of cauliflower steamed 30-45 mins

Put into food processor and puree

When the cf has broken down add 1/2 stick of melted butter (or evoo equivalent for Paleo) while the processor is running to give it a creamier texture

Taste and add Parmesan cheese or a pinch of salt if necessary

Transfer puree into a small bread pan, sprinkle Parmesan on top and put into the oven at 350F,
keep in oven until top is golden brown


-->In order to observe Paleo/Primal principals one should use the best ingredients: organic cauliflower and butter/cheese made from grass-fed cows. Trader Joe's carries Kerrygold Irish Butter which is derived from grass munchin Moo'ers. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I bet if you put a little turmeric in it would even be the same color as polenta, and it tastes good on cauliflower anyway

    ReplyDelete