Monday, March 28, 2011

Mayo Monday!


Nobody likes the start of the work week. The only way I can think of to improve the forecast? MAYONNAISE!!!!
Uninformed dieter's may shudder at the mere suggestion of this creamy goodness but we know that Fat is our Friend. Our very tasty friend.

Since my schedule is going to kick into high gear come tomorrow, it seems best to whip up a batch of this yumminess for use as a binder. My meals will be eaten away from home until Friday so this should be a great way to create appetizing tuna salad on the fly.

Store bought mayo is unacceptable. It's made with soybean oil and some brands even contain starch or sugar. Aw Helllll No Let's love our bodies and our taste buds tonight.

Health-Bent suggests that avocado is the best oil for mayo making. I've tried my hand at the art before: extra virgin olive oil then a hybrid of olive oil and coconut oil. No bueno!

Avocado Oil should be the magic ingredient for a buttery, unobtrusive flavor profile. Now I just have to be patient with the slow inclusion of the oil (1/2 cup) into the food processor where it will join an egg and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice . Go too fast and you'll end up with oil/egg soup. Bonne chance!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this... I have tried the EVOO as well and I just cannot seem to swallow it down... I am looking forward to giving this a try... would you be able to send me the exact measurement and instructions? that would be amazing and that you again for the idea :) my email is janellarella@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete